Balticum Organicum Syntheticum 2020, June 28 – July 1
BOS 2020, Vilnius constitutes the 11th biennial international conference on organic synthesis. The BOS conference main aims have remained unchanged during this long eighteen years history:
- to convey the excitement of synthetic organic chemistry as practiced in industry and universities worldwide;
- to promote interactions between chemists of different countries in order to create links, collaborations, common research projects in both, academic and industrial settings.
Programme and format
- Invited lectures by a distinguished roster of Baltic and international speakers.
- A balanced program of academic and industrial speakers presenting fundamental and practical aspects of organic synthesis.
- Poster sessions held in a congenial atmosphere to stimulate discussion.
- A full social programme with a reception, final banquet and city tours.
For me, the best things about BOS conference are the following: - it has really high quality speakers, as on most years, there has been at least one Nobel prizer giving a lecture - the atmosphere of the conference is always pleasant and not too formal, so students have the opportunity to meet great professors in person - there are many speakers from industry, which is not common for a conference.
Ms Kristin Lippur
This was my second BOS, I attended the 2010 one in Riga and what I love the most about the conference is the atmosphere for open discussions after the presentations. That allows not only professors, but also interested grad students to ask questions to some of the biggest names in the field. I definitely took my chance, as I had the opportunity to speak to every single speaker personally. And as for going forward, I'll try to be a recurrent participant after I'm done with my PhD.
I have to say that I really enjoyed the conference from both scientific and personal points of view. There were many great lectures which gave me a big doze of inspiration and motivation. It was also great chance for me keep in touch with Polish scientific community who attended the conference. Besides that I will definitely remember this unique atmosphere and good sense of humour. I hope that I will be able to participate in the next conference in Tallinn.